Thursday, January 31, 2013

Making Dreams Come True

Alright, so if you haven't noticed... I'm a Disney freak.

The thing is, Disney just keeps amazing me! Here's a secret: I don't like to exercise.
Well, except for push ups. I like those!
Anyway...I was on Disney's website today when I saw this:

^^^click on it for the magic!^^^

This will totally get me pumped to go ice skating. 

Maybe.

MOVING ON...

Sometimes Disney does things without getting my "Okay" first, and that really bothers me. When they do this, they end up with things like this...



Mulan and Pocahontas are beautiful!  
BUT
Mulan spent her entire movie trying to prove that she doesn't have to look perfect and act perfect to be incredible. Her look in this picture is exactly what she was trying to avoid in the movie. In her second movie, she does her best to teach younger girls that being strong is more important than their looks. And yet...

Pocahontas is stunning! But blush? Earrings? Sorry...but no. When she's all dolled up with these things in her second movie, she can't stand it and they really are not practical for such an adventurous spirit. Can she feel the colors of the wind under all that makeup? I don't think so. 

So as I was getting upset over this I was creating a fairy on the Disney website when I saw this: 

^^^Click for da video^^^

Seriously, if you never watch a video again in your life, watch this one. It's strictly magical. 

For those of you who are still too stubborn, here are the words: 

I am a Princess
I am brave sometimes
I am scared sometimes
Sometimes I am brave even when I am scared
I believe in loyalty
and trust
I believe loyalty is built on trust
I try to be kind
I try to be generous
I am kind even when others are not so generous
I am a Princess
I think standing up for myself is important
I think standing up for others is more important
But standing with others is most important
I am a Princess
I believe compassion makes me strong
Kindness is power
And family is the tightest bond of all
I have heard I am beautiful
I know I am strong
I am a Princess
Long may I reign



Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment