Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow White

So I decided to watch all the Disney princess movies and review them! Unfortunately none have dinosaurs but let's see what happens, starting with

Snow White


1. Why put the credits in the beginning of the movie? I almost fell asleep.

2. Snow White wears a heck of a lot of makeup for a fourteen year old.

3. So...a stranger who is perhaps in his twenties shows up and sings a spontaneous duet, confessing his true love. Seems legit.

4. Evil Queens should not say "Doubly."

5. I do really feel bad for Snow White. I mean her step mother wants her dead just because she's beautiful. Snow doesn't do a singly bad thing in her fourteen years of life except talk briefly to a stranger. She's then cast out of her own kingdom and is forced into the woods after an attempted murder. Poor girl.

6. Fear is one heck of a drug.

7. The chipmunks steal the show.

8. I wish animals helped me clean my room. Next time I'll ask my cats for help and we'll see how that goes.

9. Dopey is annoying, and a liar.

10. Just because Snow White is a princess does NOT give her the right to storm into a random house and take over!

11. So the queen is craving beauty, and transformers herself into an old, ugly, lady to murder the only one prettier than her. Wouldn't it just be easier to fix your hair or makeup to be prettier?

12. I'm sure "Someday my prince will come" is a lovely song, I just can't understand what Snow White is saying!

13. The queen has all these potions and costumes and disguises, but has to leave the castle just for an apple. Prioritize!

14. Snow White is only 14. What is she doing living with seven old men? That's not appropriate!

15. NEVER ADMIT TO A STRANGER YOU'RE HOME ALONE. STRANGER DANGER.

16. Vultures are scary.

17. The Prince travels all over, finally sees his dead love and decides, "Hey, I'm gonna kiss her." Yea...okay

18. If I saw someone I cared about come back from the dead, I don't think I'd hug them and act as if nothing happened. Maybe that's just me.

19. Castle in the sky = totes safe

20. SHE'S GETTING MARRIED AT 14! BAD!

Overall Thought: I have a new respect for Snow White. She is incredibly sweet and nice and only tries to help people. It's not her fault her step mother is psychotic.

Rating: 2/5 stars

Reason: I like Snow White, don't like that the whole concept of the movie is based on the queen being jealous of beauty. Staying with seven old men is creepy and weird. She's 14, and married a stranger and lived in a castle in the sky. Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment