Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pixie Problem

I'm nearly positive everyone has heard of Peter Pan. And I'm quite positive everyone has heard of his side-kick, Tinkerbell. Well I love the movie, Peter Pan, and fell in love with the little pixie from the first time I saw her! But...then things changed...

We went from a spunky little pixie to a do-gooder fairy inventor. Huh?

I am a believer in fairies, not that they change the seasons or anything, but that they're out there. I also believe in parallel dimensions and alternate Earths in which in one I am Batman...but let's not go there. Yet.

So here is the Tinkerbell that I like:


She didn't put up with anything, only cared for Peter, and enjoyed fun and pranks. 
Then we get this Tinkerbell: 

What is this? 
She is lover of all people and animals, only really enjoys inventing things and prefers to work over anything else. 

I watched a few of her movies because I really liked the character from the 1953 movie, and it only disappointed me that first of all, there is no Peter Pan. I kept thinking he'll show up soon but no. Four movies later and no. Granted, I did not see the latest one, but that's about Tink finding her snowy sister or something. 

WHY ARE THEY RUINING THE PIXIE?

They created a whole world around her in Neverland and it's almost too weird for even me to understand! And that's saying something. What got me through the few movies of hers that I've seen are her new friends. 

I can't remember any of their names but each one has such a distinct personality, it's quite funny whenever they have conversations. Especially the pink fairy, Rosetta, I think. She's pretty great...only because she's voiced by Kristin Chenoweth!

All in all, if the real Tinkerbell were here, she'd probably do this:


Or her face would turn really red. That's acceptable, too. 

2 comments:

  1. I disagree, I personally LOVE Tinkerbell, especially in the actual Tinkerbell movies (I have every last one) This might have something to do with the fact that I am Tinkerbell... but I don't need to go into that...

    ReplyDelete